Fan of the Month: Michelle Smith November 27 2012
We love our fans! So many awesome, talented, and interesting people. Starting with December, we want to highlight a different person each month. This month we want you to meet Michelle Smith. She is a local San Diegan, avid bodybuilder and figure competitor. We asked Michelle a few questions. Here are her answers:
1. What inspired you to get into body building?
What inspired me to do bodybuilding / figure competing I would say it was being fascinated with how their bodies looked. My brother in law competed and just watching and learning the concept I was eager to try it out. So I ran in to a few friends whom started showing me the ropes in the gym and from there it became a reality.
2. What are your hobbies or interests besides body building?
I like spending time with my husband and daughter age 6. While competing the last 4 years took me away from home so much I felt there was so much time I needed to make up. I also now love going to Birkham Yoga and attending Cross Fit 3 to 4 times a week.
3. What is your favorite work out?
My favorite workout is my back I love watching the muscles build in that area through every exercise.
4. What’s your favorite muscle?
My favorite muscle are my shoulders I love the how square my body looks due to my shoulders especially once it is time to hit the stage and my shoulder caps are nice and round
5. How do you incorporate Sweetbricks into your diet regime?
Of course I knew this question would come lol. I incorporate them on a refuel day. What that means I have 1 to 2 days that I give myself a little treat and that is the time I seem to run for my bag of Sweetbricks it gets no better than a delicious toffee to satisfy that sweet tooth.
6. What do you like most about working out?
I love how working out gives me the energy to get through my day. Nothing better to build the strength of the body through weights but also getting up as early as your body lets you and to get a fresh cardio session in just makes me feel refresh all day long.
7. Any advice you would like to give to aspiring body builders besides eating a ridiculous amount of Sweetbricks right before a competition?
I’d like to say that if you are interesting in the bodybuilding world or the woman’s figure or bikini world that it’s very possible have not doubts in yourself make that decision to start a healthy lifestyle. Though living a healthy life style not just about competing or being a body builder is simply feeling good in your body. To begin this lifestyle start using baby steps and go from there. It is a process and it does not happen overnight so if there is one advice I can leave you with is be patient be consistent and never give up. If you fall off the wagon the key is to get right back on right then that moment begin a new start and soon enough it will come, you will have created a routine. Anyone can be fit and healthy now it’s up to you to start the path to the healthy lifestyle.
8. What's your favorite flavor of Sweetbricks?I have to say I have two favorite Sweetbricks. I’ll just say OMG Cookies N Cream is the best. I bought this bag for all my good friends as a treat for after competition. I also just love the White Chocolate Toffee. But I have to say I heard about a new flavor which is called Avalanche Toffee a mix of White Chocolate & Cranberry for the Christmas season I have to say that will be the next flavor to try I am sure I will not be disappointed. As all the other Sweetbricks flavors have been simply decadent as they melt in your mouth.